Edited Version | Hyderabad | 6 july 2020
The department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Germanten hospital is a centre of excellence that provides one-stop care to women of all age groups. The team at Germanten Hospital consists of well trained and qualified doctors covering the entire gamut of the speciality from routine
- antenatal care to high-risk obstetrics,
- fetal Medicine
- variety of abdominal and vaginal surgeries,
- laparoscopic surgeries,
- pelvic floor disorders,
- gynaecological oncology, and
- cosmetic gynaecology.
Adapted by most of the developed countries; a team-based approach is one in which consultation driven management is followed. As obstetric services need continuous support and care, consultant driven team-based care increases the chances of normal vaginal delivery, improves the quality of management in case of Obstetric emergencies and reduces complications of pregnancy. We take pride in working as a team which enables us to handle complex deliveries like vacuum delivery, forceps delivery, shoulder dystocia, bleeding following delivery, cesarean section for complicated pregnancy like previous multiple cesarean sections, placenta previa, antepartum haemorrhage and multiple pregnancies (twins and triplets).
haemorrhage and multiple pregnancies (twins and triplets). The team also comprises many other support services such as nursing staff and physiotherapists who support as well as provide individualized care to each patient in labour. Labour is the most difficult part of pregnancy. To ease the process we have excellent nursing staff and physiotherapists to encourage the expectant mother. We also practise painless delivery in association with our anaesthesia team who are well trained in obstetric anaesthesia. We have a dedicated 24/7 anaesthesia team specially trained in obstetrics like epidural anaesthesia and managing obstetric emergencies.
Pregnancy with potential complications to the mother or baby and when associated with pre-existing medical disorders are considered to be high risk. High-Risk pregnancy requires multi-disciplinary management involving obstetric team, cardiologist, interventional radiologist, vascular surgeon, and quaternary intensive care unit. Our team at Germanten Hospital is equipped to handle all such pregnancies. High-risk pregnancy sometimes requires delivering a baby prematurely, for which we have a very experienced neonatologist team.
Our fertility unit is well equipped with state of the art technology, providing individualized treatment for couples trying to conceive. Fertility treatment requires a very dedicated team of an infertility specialist,nursing staff and patient care managers. Our team consists of doctors specialized in Infertility who have worked in this field for more than 15 years and treated more than 1000 Infertility Couples . We believe in providing holistic care and help couples conceive by including alternative therapies such as acupuncture, physiotherapy, stress management techniques and Yoga.
Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic
Minimal invasive surgery enables faster recovery, minimal blood loss, less pain, shorter duration of hospitalization.
Our department comprises expert and well experienced Laparoscopic surgeons, proficient in operating complex gynaecological surgeries such as endometriosis, fibroids, vaginal reconstructive surgeries, and tubal recanalization.
The team is well versed in hysteroscopic procedures such as septal resection, polypectomy, hysteroscopic myoma resection, tubal cannulation. Germanten Hospital houses modular operation theatres with the latest technology and infection control protocols in place.
Our vision is to advocate the highest standards of healthcare for women, backed with evidence-based clinical medicine providing a personalized touch to each patient through a team-based approach
- Preconceptional counselling
- Comprehensive Antenatal care
- Cervical Encirclage
- Antenatal classes
- Normal painless vaginal delivery
- Instrumental delivery – forceps & vacuum
- Vaginal birth after caesarean
- Caesarean section
- Postpartum care
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Hypertension in pregnancy
- Preeclampsia / Eclampsia
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- Placenta praevia
- Placental Abruption
- Preterm birth
- Recurrent pregnancy loss
- Autoimmune disorders like SLE
- Cardiac disorders in pregnancy
- Severe anaemia in pregnancy
- Twin pregnancy Management and delivery
- Contraception clinic
- Adolescent health – management of PCOS
- Endometriosis medical & surgical management
- Menopause clinic
- Primary and secondary Amenorrhoea
- Screening for Gynaecological Malignancies
- Gynaecological malignancies
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy Laparoscopic / Hysteroscopic myomectomy
- Hysteroscopic septal resection Endometrioma excision
- Laparoscopic cystectomy
- Laparoscopic sterilisation
- Tubal Re-canalisation
- Hysteroscopic cannulation
- Non-descent vaginal hysterectomy
- Vault prolapse – laparoscopic sacrocolpopexy
- Creation of neovagina / vaginoplasty
- Fertility evaluation( male and female)
- Ovulation induction with Follicular Monitoring
- Diagnostic Hystero-laparoscopy for ovarian drilling, tubal patency testing, tubal block and tubal cannulation
- Diagnostic Hysteroscopy for polyp removal/ intrauterine adhesions/lateral metroplasty/ Septal resection/ cervical Stenosis/incompetent cervix
- Intrauterine insemination IUI
- HSG- Hysterosalpingography HyCosy (Hysterosalpingo contrast-sonography )
High risk Pregnancy :
Dr Arjuman Sultana
MBBS, DGO(MRCOG) Consultant Oobstetrician & Gynaecologist ,
23 Years Experience
Fellowship in Ultrasonography,
11 Years Experience.